Turned into project day
I had a step ladder I had hung in my garage. Turned out the hanger was not screwed in enough and last week it came down. Rather than just put it back up I did it right. Putty in the holes, dry, sand and paint so it looked new then put up the hanger again with long screws in the studs and two more in metal anchors. It should last a while.
Long as I had the paint can out and stirred up I walked the house and cleaned up all the little dings and smudges we had collected over two + years. This kind of paint smudges easily but paint over it and it blends in perfectly with no effort at all.
I then started my drawer organizer project.
I went out to YouTube, of course, and found a way of doing it I liked. The advantages of this method is it is simple and it does not actually attach to the drawer. I've got the external rectangle cut and glued and drying right now. It fits exactly into the drawer and I can add whatever internal sections I want. They will all be fitted and glued. No nails or screws or anything. It only requires precise measurement and cutting so everything is kind of wedged and then glued in.
This is an old desk and I didn't want to do anything that might damage it.
Once a few years ago I build and sold a chicken coup (part of a much larger story). The huge gain I made doing it was I bought a radial arm saw so cutting pieces like this to very precise measurements is a breeze. Tomorrow I'll do the interior sections. I think I need one more piece of this wood so a trip to Lowes is in order. Looks like the cost will be under $10. Since it is open today I may just go blow the $1.75 I need to buy the one more piece of wood. It would be nice to have it done tomorrow. Picture to follow.